Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Creation

The First Move
When I was a child, I read that God created the heavens and the earth,
the dry land and the sea. . . . And on the first day, He separated day from
night. He commanded that the waters bring forth abundantly the moving
creatures. . .the cattle, and every creeping thing, each after its own kind. . . .
On the sixth day He made man, male and female, in His own image. And
God saw that it was good.
When I grew to be a boy I asked myself: “Who made God?” I could
find no answer. Some spoke of an everlasting God, but that was as hard to
imagine as a God who had a beginning. I turned to the philosophers and
discovered that the question has been pondered through the ages. From
what I have since gathered, every culture has puzzled over the beginning,
and many myths have been told.
(Norman K. Glendenning: AFTER THE BEGINNING: A COSMIC JOURNEY THROUGH SPACE AND TIME)

No comments:

Post a Comment